BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 6, 2012

You've Got To Be Kidding!

This chapter is not for sissies and it's not for baby Christians!  It's for those who want to be advanced students of the Word...it's for those who truly desire to become more-and-more like Christ.   I challenge you to read this chapter, digest it, and live it!

One of my toughest challenges (and I've had to repeat this course many times--and I'm sure, many more times--if I want to pass the final exam) is to "love my enemies"... to "do good to those who hate me"... and to "bless those who spitefully use me," etc.  This test IS NOT for the faint of heart!  However, I'm learning...I'm getting better at it!  

Part of the definition of "BLESS" in Luke 6:28  is "to give thanks."  I can thank God for my enemies because they will tell me my faults/flaws and will not give me flattery (just to make me feel good).  It is sobering to hear harsh words of criticism, but there's almost always some truth in what is being said....and that I need to pay attention to!

Secondly, I'm told to "PRAY" for those that "use me."  Caution:  Don't pray a spiteful prayer against them...pray that the Lord deals with them and/or deals with you to change your attitude about them and look at them through Jesus' eyes instead of through your distorted vision.  Even if they don't change--I find I am changed (for the better) in the process.

Now don't misunderstand what I'm about to tell you!  My husband IS NOT my enemy.  But--there was a season of time (in our marriage) when I thought my husband and my son NEEDED to change a lot of things in their lives (and they did)!  Around that time I attended a ladies' conference entitled, "Lord, Change Me!"  AND HE DID!!!  I really got humbled!  God told me that I had to "change" 1st before they would change!  Ouch!  I didn't want to hear that!  But He was right (of course)! 

There's a  3rd lesson I've learned over the years about prayer and blessings.  When I go to God in prayer about another person--almost always, I am changed in the process.  You know--it's like "the beam in thine own eye" kind of thing!  What I "see" in the other person (that I don't like or think needs changing) is usually in me!

I guarantee it...if you will BLESS others, and PRAY for others, you will be BLESSED yourself!

0 comments: