BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

You Want Me To Do What?

Many times I've gone to the Lord in prayer--asking, "What do you want me to do for you, Lord?"  Simple enough, huh!  NO!  Often the answer comes back instructing me to do something that I didn't want to do!  Then--just to be sure I heard Him correctly, I'll reply--"You want me to do what?  You're kidding, aren't you?  I can't do that!  I don't want to do that!  You've got the wrong person!"  But, in the end--He wins!  I'll finally say, "Okay, I'll do it (but you're going to have to help me)!"  And that's the answer He's waiting for....He wants us to ask for His help--for "without Him we can do NOTHING!"  [John 15:5]

Noah was in the "same BOAT!"  (Get it?  BOAT...that's a pun!)  God asked him to build "an Ark!"  Now he didn't even know what that was 'til God showed him (the plan--in detail).  It had never rained on the earth; only dew watered the ground.  So, of course, the people thought he was crazy and heckled him continuously.  I'm sure even his family thought he was nuts!  However, Noah built it (I think it took 'bout 100 years to build).

Because of DOUBT and UNBELIEF--and SIN--no one--except for Noah and his family...and the animals and other living creaturs (a pair of each) got into the Ark....and safely survived the flood! Everybody else died in the flood!  The earth was entirely covered by water; it had rained fiercely for 40 days!  God started all over again--with ONE family!  Because of ONE man's OBEDIENCE, he and his family were SAVED!

The Father asks us to do something....He asks us to be faithful to the work that He's called us to do and finish the work...to be faithful to the end!  What's He ask(ing) you to do?  Have you said YES, LORD?  Will you follow His instructions and remain faithful to Him--all the way to the end?

Many followed Jesus for a little while....for as long as they were receiving food to eat, being healed, or hearing good teaching (being entertained)--but they dropped-off when He began to tell them things they didn't want to hear (or see).  I think that many so-called Christians DO what they want to do (in the church and in their personal lives) rather than what the Lord's asked them to do!  I see so many who want God to follow their agendas rather than obeying and accepting what He wants them to do.  It's the "Me 1st Generation."  We want to "drive the engine"....be "the engineer" and we put Christ last, as the "caboose" or a "coal car!"  We want Him to support and supply our wants and desires rather than His!

Remember the children's storybook, "The Little Engine That Could?"  It kept saying, "I think I can...I think I can!"  And IT DID finally get to the top of the mountain (on it's own power).  We may think we're "at "the top of the ladder" or "the food chain"--but, if we only achieve it on our own strength--that's the only REWARD we're gonna get (an earthly reward that will rust and fade).  But if we allow the Lord to lead us and help us, we'll receive an ETERNAL REWARD in heaven.

Lord, what do you want us to do today?  You and I together can accomplish much!  Not my will--but may Yours be done in and through me today!  Amen.







 

0 comments: