BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

What's For Lunch?

Yesterday I wrote about what to have for (a spiritual) breakfast.  Today I'm writing about what to have for (a spiritual) lunch! 

Most often we grab a sandwich for lunch.  I prefer whole grain wheat bread for my sandwich.  In fact "8-grain" bread.  God's 8-grain bread can be found in II Peter 1:5-7, which says this:  "Add to your faith moral excellence, knowledge, self-control, consistency, Godliness, brotherly love, and unconditional love."  (Two slices of that will supply you with enough spiritual fiber for the day!)

I prefer MEAT on my sandwich.  I want the "meat of the Word"--I can skip the MILK(shake), but I need and desire meat!

The 1st slice of BREAD (the nature and character of God); the middle is MEAT (God's present truth); the 2nd slice of BREAD (The Word of God and the Holy Spirit)--a 2-grain bread, but just as hearty as the 1st slice.

What are you planning to have for lunch today?  I'm hungering for a Holy sandwich!

0 comments: