BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Beginning

Today is the beginning of a NEW YEAR (2012).  "Old things have passed away..."  [II Corinthians 5:17].  God said, in the beginning, "Let there be..." and He created EVERYTHING!   What do we have to say today--the beginning of a new year?

I personally like to PRAY specifically about one thing I want to accomplish or change in my life at the beginning of each new year.  Then I center on that until it is accomplished (with the help of the Holy Spirit).  I used to pray in a very stupid way!  For example:  One year I prayed for PATIENCE--and everything went wrong!  The next year I prayed for FLEXIBILITY--and I was stretched and pulled in every direction (like taffy on a hook)!  The 3rd year I prayed for an ATTITUDE like Joseph's...but I fogot he was sold by his brothers, falsely accused by Potiphar's wife and thrown in prison.  The 4th year I finally wised-up and prayed for WISDOM!!!

Now I simply pray, "Lord, what would you have me change this year?  Have Your way with Me, Lord."  Then I wait a while until He shows me the area(s) He wants to work on, restore, repair, or develop in and through me.

What about you?  What do you want to change; what areas do you want to grow in?  Don't just make "a new year's resolution!"  Don't "think" and determine on your own "will power" to overcome some habit or achieve something on your own strength--but "seek" the Lord and see what He would like you to do.  And with His help, He will transform you and strengthen you in that area.  He will change you into more of His likeness--you'll become more Christ-like.

Lord, today is January 1st--and I choose to put you 1st in my life!  I will seek You 1st and follow the plan You have laid out for me this year.  Guide me, walk with me, lift me up when I fall, carry me when I'm too weak to go on, comfort me in my sorrows, and teach me what You desire me to know.  Amen.

0 comments: