BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 13, 2012

Is It A Problem, Or An Opportunity?

I have a picture of a lovely pearl setting inside a clam shell--and written below is this phrase:  "Sometimes OPPORTUNITY is disquised as a CHALLENGE!"

My husband and I used to say, "We have a PROBLEM!"  But when we changed just one word in that statement--things changed.  We started saying this:  "We have an OPPORTUNITY!"  When we made that simple change, we began to get a different perspective and a more positive attitude about things.

NEGATIVITY is a nasty way to look at life!  Take the word discouragement--I love to encourage people, but when I start hearing negative comments, put-downs, and complaints--I get discouraged.

WHATEVER YOU "FEED" WILL GROW!   If you "feed" your mind negative thoughts all day--you'll grow a weed patch of anger, bitterness, envy, etc.  But if you "feed"your mind positive thoughts, you'll be a much happier and successful person.

Isaiah 54:17 says that "No weapon formed against you shall prosper."  How can that be?  I feel "under attack" by criticism from many sources!  The answer is simply this:  The battle is always in your mind!  It's always WON or LOST in your thought life!  Your "enemies" (negative thoughts) will only "prosper" if you feed them what they want or if you give-in to their ways.

So, when you feel overwhelmed by a problem, DRAW AWAY...go to the Lord (in prayer) and ask for a stategy to defeat and overcome whatever is working against you and blocking your progress.  Counterpunch negative thoughts with positive thoughts.

God would say to you today:  "Come to Me and I will show you how to turn your problems into opportunities.  I will show you how to think like Me and how to use My Word like a sword.  Your sword becomes DULL when you keep listening to the threats and negativity of the critical and condemning thoughts that come at you.  My thoughts and My ways are higher than yours.  Come away with me and pray (converse with me for a while).  I'll show you a better way!  Then--GO FORWARD with Me, in FAITH, and you'll see that the VICTORY will be OURS!!!  (For without Me, you can do nothing!)"

0 comments: