BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 17, 2012

Who Is My Neighbor?

I used to think that "my neighbor" was the family that lived next door.  But I have since learned that my neighbor is the person(s) who cross my path each day.  It could be the grocery clerk, a co-worker, the passenger in the seat next to me on the plane, or my next door neighbor, or anyone!

In Luke 10, three men were traveling on the same road.  Each stumbled across a man who had been robbed, beaten, and left for dead laying on the side of the road.  The 1st man to see him is a Priest.  He, however, has his own "personal agenda," so he can't be bothered to stop or he'd miss giving his homily at the parish.  The 2nd person comes by--pauses for a moment, but realizes that his 1st priority is to assist in the church service (he's a Deacon, you know).  The Priest is counting on him to be there.  So he, too, passes by.  A 3rd man (whom the religious folks frowned upon and avoided) comes by.  He STOPS!  He is moved with compassion for the injured man and tries to attend to his wounds and take him to where he can be better cared for.  He goes way out of his way to help.

Folks, this was a DIVINE APPOINTMENT!  But for the Priest and the Deacon (Levite)--it was a MISSED APPOINTMENT!!! 

Watch...stay awake...be alert!  God may be planning a DIVINE INTERVENTION for you to help someone today.  It could be as simple as sharing a kind word, a smile, or pausing to encourage someone who is hurting.  Don't PASS BY--you'll miss a BLESSING!

0 comments: