BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What are you LISTENING to?

When I was a small child I used to love to hear my mother read me a story.  I also loved to listen to my Sunday school teacher(s) tell me stories from the Bible.  Later I heard the Bible preached by my pastor.  Romans 10:15 says, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel..." and vs. 17 says, "So then faith comes by hearing...the word of God."

1st I heard the Word of God (recorded in The Bible).  Someone shared His Word with me.  As I grew, I learned to read the Bible for myself.  I always seemed to desire to hear what the Bible had to say. 

Nowadays it seems as though people LISTEN to everything else but the Word of God!  Could that be why so many doubt or disbelieve?  Jesus said, I AM the way, the truth, and the life!"  TV commercials are filled with false advertisements (LIES); TV shows are getting more depressing, demonic, and disgusting all the time.  God and Christians are made fun of and His Name is only used in vain for the most part in our society today.  Sad!  Sad because as we disrespect and disregard Him, we hear and see more suicides, murders, and robberys. 

We're not hearing...we're not listening to God's voice clearly because our minds are so cluttered with the noise of the world.  So I urge you today to BE STILL--quiet yourself down--draw away for a few minutes and read His Word....hear Him speak to you.  Turn off the TV as you get ready for work... and even click off the car radio as you ride to work--talk to Him (pray) for a moment or two.   Simple as it sounds, sing the children's song you learned so long ago, "Jesus loves me."  Feel His Presence....feel His love....He will hear your voice.  But do you hear His? 

0 comments: