BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TIMING & MATURITY

God's TIMING and your MATURITY must "marry" one another before you can "conceive" or "birth" your CHILD of PROMISE!  Your dream/vision is 1st conceived in your spirit, but it takes time for it to be birthed (become visible for all to see).

In my earlier years as a Christian, I found it rather easy to know what God wanted me to do, but I often mis-timed when!  Just like Sarah and Abraham:  They knew God promised them a child; so, they waited and waited and WAITED!  Sarah grew IMPATIENT, so she devised her own plan.  Abraham slept with her handmaiden and birthed a child out of wedlock (Ishmael), which really complicated their lives and caused a lot of heartache.  BUT God kept His promise--later Isaac was born.  [See:  Genesis Chapters 16-17]

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "To everything there is a season, a TIME for every PURPOSE...".  We need to MATURE in Christlike character before we'll be able to see our dreams and passions manifest in our lives.  We must 1st develop our faith--add to our faith patience--and many other qualities--before we become mature enough to handle our "child of promise."

I Corinthians 13:11 says, "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought like a child, but when I became MATURE, I did away with childish things."  (Paraphrased)

Keep on GROWING in Christ....keep BELIEVING His promises!  Watch your dreams, and the desires of your heart, come true.   


 

0 comments: