BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lukewarm, Complacent, Stressed, or Weary?

Oh, how I dislike lukewarm bath water, warm iced tea, or lukewarm coffee!  My coffee and my bath water better be as hot as I can stand it...and my iced tea better be ice-cold!  What causes these things--that were once very hot or very cold--to turn to lukewarm?  We let them SIT too long!

That's the trouble with believers today....they sit around WATCHING rather than DOING!  They'll sit in front of the TV to see a sporting event or some celebrity perform--but they, themselves, just "veg" (vegetate) on the couch! 

Jesus said He'd rather we be hot or cold than lukewarm!  In other words--GET OFF THE FENCE (and the couch)!  Get involved....take one side or the other!  He said, "you're either for Me or against Me!"  I see so many people today that can take Him or leave Him!  

Many treat God like a dispensing machine, a convenience store, or a drive-by fast food restaurant....a quick stop--then they're on their way again!   Give me what I need (want) and I'll be on my way!

But Jesus wants us to let Him COME IN to our HOMES (and our hearts).  He keeps knocking at the door of our hearts....He wants to come in and dine with us....He will even provide the food (His Word)!

Are we like the INN KEEPER.....keeping Him OUT....not having ANY ROOM for Him in our lives?  Are we crowding our lives with things, entertainment, and senseless chatter rather than sitting at His feet (as did Mary) and worshipping Him?  Are we so BUSY (as was Martha) getting things "ready" for Christmas that we forget to spend quality time with Christ?

PAUSE...LISTEN....hear that knock?  He's knocking at the DOOR (of your heart)!  Can He come in....will you put everything else aside and come sit beside Him?  Quiet yourselves down--listen to the silence:  SILENT NIGHT....HOLY NIGHT....ALL IS CALM!  Ahhh--yes, I hear Him knocking!  Please come in!  I have a GIFT for you--here's my heart....I give it to You!  Merry Christmas!

0 comments: