BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

ACTION FIGURES

Kids love "Action Figures!"  Action figures are the imaginary "heros" of today.  Actually "Authority Figures" should be the heros! 

When I was a kid, we were taught to RESPECT those in authority--such as parents, teachers, police, employers, etc.  But it seems these days most authority figures are more disrespected than respected!  Why?  Well, my answer is this:  People lose respect for those in authority because their TALK (what they say) doesn't match their WALK (their behavior/lifestyle)!   When I was a child, I would NEVER have thought to question my parents, my teachers, or my pastor's authority!  Now I think that may have been going to an extreme...never questioning them.  It's good to ask questions; it requires parents (and others in positions of authority) to think about why they DO  what they do or SAY what they say. 

What value system do you live by?  Who are you accountable to?  What makes you think you're always right?  WHO do you submit to?  Do you show RESPECT to those in authority?

James 1:22 tells us to "be doers of the word, and not hearers only...!"  Jesus DID what His Father told Him to DO!  He submitted to and sat under His Father's authority.  He also adhered to those in authority in the world--not breaking The Law, but He kept The Law!  Jesus once questioned His disciples--asking them, "WHO do you say I AM?"  Who do we say He is?  He should be our  role model and our AUTHORITY FIGURE....He was/is/and always will be our one and only ACTION HERO!!!

0 comments: