BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Praying Scripture

If you pray the scriptures, you're praying a more perfect prayer.  For instance, let me paraphrase and personalize the verses from  Ephesians 1:17-19 as an example:

Lord, I do not cease to give thanks for all those that You've placed in my life, and I lift them up in prayer. 

I ask that You give to them more of the spirit of wisdom, and personal revelation (insight)  so that they might grow more intimately acquainted with You.

I pray that their hearts will be flooded with light so that they'll be able to understand the incredible greatness of Your power.

May they come to know You and love You more deeply with each passing day.  Amen.

Try it for yourself.  Take a few verses of scripture and personalize them in the form of a prayer.  This is a good way to pray.  Most of all--remember to pray every day!

"If your day is hemmed in with prayer, you're less likely to unravel!"


  

 

0 comments: