BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BODY LANGUAGE SPEAKS LOUDLY!

On my kitchen window sill sets a tiny plastic flower (a daisy) that a friend gave me.  This flower moves!    It runs on solar energy.  When the sun shines through my kitchen window, and its rays touch the pedals of this tiny flower, it starts to raise its little pedals upward.  Then, as though the wind were blowing it, it sways back and forth.  It always  makes me smile everytime I see it do that.  It also reminds me to praise the Lord every day and, in whatever I do, to use my body to glorify God.   In other words--if I'm doing dishes, making the bed, running errands, or in anything or everything I do, I should do it  to GLORIFY GOD! 

We're to "talk" about God "when we sit in our houses...when we rise up...when we lie down, and wherever we walk."  [Deuteronomy 6:7]  I've been told that 80% of our language is non-verbal.
In other words--"body language."  So not only with the words of our mouth, but also in all our actions and all our undertakings, we need to show our love for our Lord.

Psalm 63:4 tells us that not only our "lips" shall praise Him, but that we should also "lift up our hands" unto His Name.   We can lift up our hands and sing praises in church--and that's fine!  However, we need to use our hands to do the work that He's given us to do.  We're to lift our hands--thanking Him that we have a job to do.  We need to praise and thank Him every day for all the blessings He's bestowed upon us.  We need to see and feel the warmth of His love shining down upon us and respond in love.  (Love is a verb--and a verb requires action!)  We are to demonstrate our love through our words and deeds.

My friend was used by God to "speak" to me (by handing me this little gift).  And this little flower reminds me (everyday) that  I need to "glorify Him in all that I do."

We are to respond to His light (through our actions) just like this  little plastic daisy that sits on my kitchen window sill does!  Such a simple reminder every day to REMEMBER HIM!

0 comments: