BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Battle Is In Your Mind!

Whoever wrote "sticks and stones may break my bones, but NAMES will never hurt me" didn't know what they were talking about!  Think back to your childhood--what NAMES were you called?  DUMB, UGLY, 4-EYES, FATSO, etc.  Did they hurt you?  Did those names damage your self-image?  Words can cause emotional abuse--they can scar our souls for years and years!

We're instructed in God's Word to "take every thought captive" and to "pull down strongholds."  Strongholds are anything that is opposed to God's Will.  This is (spiritual) military warfare!  Our Commander and Chief is the Lord, and He orders us to follow and obey His commands!

We're not fighting against flesh and blood--we fighting against satanic powers and principalities.  We must not fight with human weapons, for they are carnal, weak, and worldly weapons.  We must learn to fight with God-empowered weapons.

Jesus fought satan with the Word.  And I've learned to fight satan by counterpunching his death-defying blows with the power-packed punch of His Word.   For example, when the devil tries to discourage me and tell me I'm no good....I'll amount to nothing, etc.--I'll quote something like, "I can do anything through Christ Jesus who strengthens me!"  Or, "When I am weak, He is strong through me!"

When we bring Christ into our battles, when He intersects our negative circumstances, He turns what looks like defeat into a victory!   Our battles always being in our thought life--in our minds. 

LET THE LORD "RENEW" YOUR MIND AND YOU'LL BE FINE!

0 comments: