BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

THE GREAT PRETENDERS!

We're all heard many people say, "I don't go to church 'cause it's full of HYPOCRITES!"  The word means:  Play acting, role playing, pretending, acting insincerely.

Many actors "pretend" to be Christians...and many Christians try to "act" more spiritual than they are!

So many movie sets are just "fake fronts"...nothing more than painted billboard-type scenes...such as of a western town, or like the movie "Truman."  Truman was "programed" to believe in something that was FAKE!  When he found out the truth, he opened the door and walked out into the real world.

Many preachers and many proclaimed believers are nothing more than actors who pretend to be something they're not.  They hide behind "masks" (not revealing their true character), or they play the "role" of the perfect Christian and build their platforms (stages) on an artificial foundation of their agendas rather than the Lord's leading.  

I prefer those who are AUTHENTIC!  Those who can confess their faults....those who admit they don't know-it-all...those who genuinely care about people (without any strings attached).  I, too, have seen too many hypocrites in the church.  I'm sure I've been one myself from time-to-time, too.  The more I try to be my "authentic self," the more I am rejected and disgarded by others who want to control and manipulate me for their use.  It seems almost everybody wants you to "fit into their mold!"  But I am "fearfully and wonderfully make"....I am unique--one of a kind!  [Psalm 139:14]   I'm not trying to PRETEND, fake-it-'til-I-make-it, or be a "people pleasure" anymore.  I want to be more-and-more like Jesus.   I want to BE who He designed me to be!  I want to use my gifts for His glory.  I want Him to fill this vessel (my heart) with more of Him. 

I am marred and scarred....
   I am far from perfect,
      but I am WHO I am....
          and I know WHOSE I am!
               WHAT ABOUT YOU????

0 comments: