BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spiritual Guide for Success - #3

Today I'll be sharing about my favorite thing to do--ENCOURAGE people.  ENCOURAGE means "to give courage, hope, confidence, support, or help."

It's in my (spiritual) DNA to encourage people...to give them hope; to build up their confidence; to stand by their side in times of trouble, illness, or distress; to verbally encourage or support them in any way I can.

It disturbs me and grieves me deeply when I see or hear others put people down by DISCOURAGING them by disapproving of them, leaving them like "cast down" sheep--unable to rise up above the criticism, rejection, and verbal abuse.  They suffer from the disease of low self-esteem; therefore, never able to reach their full potential because nobody believes in them--nor do they have any confidence in themselves (no self worth).

David was being chased by King Saul and his mighty army...there was a "death threat" on his head; and, even David's own men were (at the time) upset with him.  So what did David do?  He ENCOURAGED himself in the Lord!  He wrote in Psalm 42:5, "Why so downcast, oh my soul...put your trust in God."  That's the remedy (the antidote) for DISCOURAGEMENT, folks...PUT YOUR TRUST IN GOD!

Here is a quote that may help you to be encouraged and climb out of the ditch of discouragement:

"He (God) is a spring in my darkest valley and a stream of living water in my driest desert."  [Lettie B. Cowman]

0 comments: