BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 19, 2012

A LEAGUE OF "HIS" OWN

I loved the movie "A League Of Their Own," which was about a women's baseball league during World War II.  To keep the game going, while the men were away fighting the war, women were scouted and recruited to try out for a position on one of the league's teams.

All had the skills needed to play the game, but many were not selected.  Only a FEW remained.  Those who were CHOSEN lacked skills, abilities, and were flawed in other areas.  For  instance:  Some were scholastically challenged, some were poor, some did not fit the feminine female image (the body beautiful), some were not well-known or popular, etc.

Only a REMNANT remained!  Only a few had a deep desire to be on the team; only a few had a passion for the game; only a few were totally dedicated to the league.

Let me ask you:

  • How far are you willing to go?
  • How much are you willing to sacrifice for the Lord's league?
  • How much do you desire to be on the His team?
As a child, I played "sand lot" softball; then I played on school/church teams; after I graduated, I played federation ball.  I never made it to the minor or major leagues, but--in my spiritual life--I intend to GO ALL THE WAY!

It's a long way from the "sand lot" to the Lord's "Hall of Fame."

[Suggested Scripture Readings:  Matthew 7:24-27/20:16; Hebrews Chapter 11]

0 comments: