BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 4, 2012

SCRAMBLES

Tennis was my game!  I went to state and regional tournaments on several occasions and played on several different teams.  I could run after a ball and hit it with a fair degree of accuracy--no problem!  BUT trying to hit a golf ball that's standing still--with accuracy--is entirely another matter!  I've only been playing golf for about 5 years.  Oh--I improve each year....but I'll never be more than a "hacker!" 

I prefer to play SCRAMBLES ("Best Ball").  That way I have some "help" along the way.  On my ladies league my partner hits her "irons" better than I do (shots closer to the green) whereas I am better at driving and putting the ball.  Working together we manage to have a better score.

Jesus sent His disciples out two-by-two and we're told that "two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labor, for if they fall, one will lift up his companion" in The Book of Ecclesiastes.  Makes sense to me!

We NEED one another!  Even The Lone Ranger had Tonto!  And a "3-cord" is better yet!  In other words--include the Lord in everything you do.   So start your day by seeking instructions and wisdom from God before you go to work or do anything else.  You'll have a better day.....and it'll even improve your golf score! 

0 comments: