BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 28, 2012

GIFTS

Today is my husband's birthday.  I enjoy getting him just the right gift!  One year I gave him a tandem bicycle.  This year I got him a 2nd-hand set of PING irons, a new golf bag, and a ball retriever.  (He's so spoiled!)

On Mothers' Day, many years ago, instead of a dozen roses or breakfast in bed, he bought me a new softball glove (but that's exactly what I wanted).  On another Mothers' Day he surprised me with a dandelion extractor!  (That wasn't what I wanted!)  What a guy!

Somebody once gave me a mink jacket (expensive).  I never felt comfortable in it...it didn't "fit" me!  Oh--I don't mean the size; it just wasn't me!  Saul offered David his expensive, state-of-the-art armor...but David preferred to use his slingshot to slay the giant.

Gift-giving can be a joy.  I particularly enjoy surprising people with gifts...not on special occasions, but just as a way to cheer them up or let them know how special they are to me.

It brings God joy to give us gifts, too.  He knows what fits us best and He always know just the right gift for us.  He equips us and trains us how to use what He gives us.  And--He provides us with the right outfit for every season and every task.

RECEIVE His gifts...
      USE them...and
             THANK Him for them.

0 comments: