BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 8, 2012

Need some "R-&-R?"

The best way to relieve stress is to rest and relax (unwind).  I unwind (and relieve stress) best by playing sports.  I love to run and hit a ball--this is very "freeing" to me.  Often times I know I need to do something physical in order to feel better mentally and emotionally.  I can forget all my problems, the demands people put on me, or the things I have to do when I'm playing tennis or ping-pong.  (Golf, however, sometimes stresses me out!)

Some people relax and unwind by reading, knitting, woodworking, gardening, playing cards, etc.  I bet Jesus even unwound by having water fights in the Jordan River with His discipes--dunking them and splashing water on them--or simply skipping stones.

"All work and no play" is not good!  There needs to be a BALANCE between rest, work, and recreation.  We're a 3-part being:  Spirit, soul, and body.  We need to attend to each part in order to stay healthy and strong.  You can become "so spiritually-minded that you're no earthly good" or so focused on the physical that your soul and spirit suffer deficiencies.

Jesus had His feet on the ground, but His head in heaven.  By that I mean He walked, talked, and interacted with people here on earth--but kept in constant communication (and a right relationship) with His Heavenly Father.

Even the Son of God needed times of "R-&-R!"  But, He always knew when it was time to get back to His Father's business!  [Luke 2:49]

Don't let "the thief" R-O-B YOU....rob you of:  Rhythm; Orderliness; Balance.  Live an abundantly full and balanced life in Christ!

0 comments: