BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WHAT [or WHO] Are You Looking At?

This morning I awoke from a bad dream.  Then I got up and looked at my e-mails and read some bad news about a friend whose health had taken a bad turn for the worst.  And I knew if I turned on the TV, I'd see a report about a bad accident, our bad economy, or a bad crime.  

I was beginning to SINK into a bad mood when the Lord gently interrupted my thoughts by reminding me of the story about Peter and his friends.  They were in deep waters--out at sea--when a severe storm rose up.  They all feared that their boat was going to SINK.  Suddenly Peter glanced up and saw Jesus walking on the water.  Next thing you know, Peter jumped out of the boat and began  walking (supernaturally) on top of the water towards Jesus.  Not long thereafter,  he took his eyes off Jesus, looked down at the sea, and began to SINK --fearing he would drown in the stormy sea (the circumstances that surrounded him).

I was doing the same thing this morning....SINKING into a bad mood because of the things I was looking at.  So I re-focused on the Lord.  I began to pray and look His way.  Then the heaviness lifted and I rose above my bad feelings and fears; and, by faith I knew I could face this day.

Keep your eyes on Jesus--rise above your circumstances--go forward in faith, and you'll have a blessed day.  Put your life in His hands and trust Him to calm the storms in your life.

[Matthew 14:22-33/II Corinthians 5:7]

0 comments: