BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Forming of a Pearl

Our daily lives parallel with that of a PEARL.  A partical of sand enteres the clam shell--which irritates the pearl.  In like manner, someone comes across our path during the day and irritates us.  We let it bother us for the rest of the day.  It just "rubbed us the wrong way!"  We allowed it to ruin our whole day!

I had a day like that yesterday.  As I crawled into bed, I muttered this prayer to the Lord:  "I've had a BAD day!"  I no sooner spoke those words--and He HIT me!  "No, it wasn't a BAD day...you just REACTED badly!!!"  BULLSEYE!!!  The Lord had fired a direct hit!

After I pleaded GUILTY, my Heavenly Father put His arms around me, forgave me, and dispensed a healing balm of love.

Then He reminded me to RESPOND rather than react in such situations.  Just like the PEARL, when something irritates it, it RELEASES a layer of nacre to cover and heal the wound.  He then whispered in my ear, "Every time you RESPOND according to My Word, I will cover you with another layer of My love.  So when irritations, disappointments, and unpleasant things come against you, remember--I am transforming you into a pearl of great worth!"

[Matthew 13:45]


0 comments: