BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 16, 2012

Look On The Motives...NOT The Mistakes!

I used to CONDEMN myself and put myself down whenever I'd make a MISTAKE.  By the grace of God, I have finally learned:

God is more concerned about the MOTIVES of our hearts than He is about the MISTAKES we make!

King David make a lot of MISTAKES, too.  Yet, God said that he was "a man after My own heart."  He said that because He could see deep down into David's heart.  He saw the intents and MOTIVES of David's heart...and He performed heart surgery....He gave David a "new heart."

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a DISCERNER of the THOUGHTS and INTENTS of the HEART. 

My heart was damaged, so I also received "a new heart."  Now I  "examine my heart " and schedule frequent appointments with The Great Physician [God]--asking Him to keep a close eye on my heart. 

He's given me a prescription [RX].  He's told me that the best way to have a healthy heart is to "hide The Word" in my heart...take daily mega-doses of the gosPILL (gospel)!  He also has advised that I take time to REST (times of prayer and meditation).

How 'bout you?  How's your heart?  Have you had it examined lately?  Is it time for a check-up?
   

0 comments: