BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 15, 2012

BE COURAGEOUS

What's the antidote for DISCOURAGEMENT?  It's ENCOURAGEMENT!  There's two types:  One is "generic" -- it comes from people.  The other is of a higher quality--more pure--of greater strength.  This can only be found in the Lord.

Read what the Lord commanded and commissioned Joshua to do (after he became "The Commander and Chief"---succeeding Moses):  [Joshua 1:6-9]

Vs. 6 - be strong and of good courage.  Vs. 7 - be strong and very courageous.  Vs. 9 - Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

FEAR is an instinct whereas COURAGE is something you acquire. Courage is an essential virtue for a Christian to possess.  To be DISMAYED means to be afraid of the trouble that lies ahead.

The Lord says to each of us:  "I will be with you.  I will never leave you or forsake you."  If I know someone will "be with me, stay with me, and believe in me"--I am more confident to operate out of courage.  The Lord is the only one, however, who will NEVER let you down (discourage you) or leave you all alone. 

David ran to the Lord to ENCOURAGE himself IN THE LORD after his own men turned their backs on him.  Where do we find the Lord when we're discouraged?  Answer:  Down INSIDE our HEART! 

Listen to your heart; have a heart-to-heart talk with the Lord and you'll be able to walk in COURAGE and go forward in FAITH!

0 comments: