BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

DRESS FOR STRESS - #3

The 1st piece of armor is the BELT of TRUTH.  We're told in Ephesians 6:14(a) Amp. - STAND therefore--hold your ground--having tightened the Belt of Truth around your loins.

We're told to STAND.  What does that mean?  To stand up...stand up for your FAITH!  Don't back-off...don't compromise or deny what (or who) you believe in.  Stand firm in your faith while awaiting orders from your Commander and Chief (the Holy Spirit).  Place yourself under the authority of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Roman soldiers used to wear tunics, which were like loose fitting dresses.  So when they had to work fight, they would gather up the loose ends of the tunic and tuck them into their BELT so they could maneuver more easily.

Spiritually speaking, the BELT represents:  Integrity, faithfulness, and obedience.  TRUTH represents:  Freedom, ease of movement, and confidence.

In the meantime and until we learn how to PUT ON all the pieces, let me suggest you PRAY this prayer daily:

Lord, as a servant and a soldier in Your army, I will follow Your command to PUT ON the full armor that You have provided for me.  For it is only through Your provision that I will be able to stand against the enemy.

Train me to become a skillfull warrior so that I can fight and defeat the enemy and the evil that is present in this world.

Let me never forget that You are my COVERING.  I humbly bow as You cover me, Lord, with Your Presence.  Amen.

0 comments: