BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My "Love Jar"

The most precious Christmas gift I ever received was a simple glass jar, which was filled with 365 slips of paper.  On each slip of paper was a handwritten note from my husband--one note for each day of the year.

This was my husband's way of expressing his love for me by honoring me with daily "acts of service."  For example:

  • Note #1 - "I'll give you a backrub today."
  • Note #2 - "I'll do the dishes today."
  • Note #3 - "I'll take you to the movies."
  • Note #4 - "Take a nap--I'll watch the kids."
Get the idea?

Neither the jar nor the paper were of any real value, but it truly was "A Gift of Love"--and that made it PRICELESS!!!  For you see--the jar contained his heart!  (And you simply can't put a "price tag" on love!)

What's in your heart to give as a gift this Christmas?  Who do you treasure most in your life?

Matthew 6:21 - For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also.



0 comments: