BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

GIFT EXCHANGE

Have you ever taken part in a Christmas gift exchange?  I'm sure you have.  They can be very interesting and challenging--full of surprises--some good...and some bad.

When my husband and I were dating, and we were starting to get more serious (even though we were only teenagers), I used to buy him some pretty expensive Christmas gifts.  I'd be so excited about what I'd picked out for him that I'd just have to show them to his mother before I wrapped them!  I didn't know it at the time, but this upset her greatly.  It was her custom to exchange gifts of the same value...and she didn't want Jerry to spend that much on me!  I'd buy him a bowling ball and bag, or a watch.  In return, I'd get a blouse or a pair of gloves.  I didn't care....I just loved to give gifts to the people I loved!

Well, the Lord loves to give us expensive gifts, too!  He gave us the most priceless GIFT:  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."  [John 3:16]

Ever since that 1st Christmas gift was given, we've had the opportunity to EXCHANGE GIFTS with Jesus.  We give Him our SINS in exchange for His GIFT of FORGIVENESS.  We exchange our old life and receive a new life (one that will never perish).

Mary, at the Banquet at Bethany, EXCHANGED all that she had (and I'm not talking about the Alabaster jar of oil).  She  "poured out" all her past sins, soaked them with tears of love, and gave her HEART-- to Jesus.

What gift  are you willing to give Jesus this year for Christmas?  What does He want from you?  He's drawn your name...He's asking you to EXCHANGE gifts with Him!









0 comments: