BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 7, 2012

The Cut-Off Man

In baseball, or in softball, there's always a "cut-off man" that the fielder is to throw to when a base runner is heading towards scoring (rounding 3rd base and heading for homeplate).  It's too long a throw for the fielder to throw the ball all the way and keep the runner from scoring.

Well, I often feel like I'm in "left field!"  I'm not strong enough to throw the ball all the way, so I throw the ball to the "cut-off man" [Jesus].  He is able to "cut-off" [INTERCEPT] my weak attempt or inaccurate throw and He is strong enough and accurate enough to throw the opponent out and keep him from scoring!!!  The "cut-off man" is our INTERCESSOR. 

I may miss the target (when I pray)--I may "pray amiss"...but He INTERCEDES on my behalf (prays a perfect prayer) and His Father calls the opponent "OUT" (he doesn't score)...and we WIN!!!

Read:  Romans 8:26 - (The Holy Spirit makes intercession for us.)  Hebrews 7:25 - (Jesus lives to make intercession for us.)

Look for your "cut-off man" when you NEED help... He is a present help (He's right there with you) in time(s) of trouble.  [Psalm 46:1]

0 comments: