BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 24, 2012

Put Down What You're Doing!

Are you willing to STOP what you want to do?  You may be doing "a good thing," but the Lord will test you to see if you will PUT IT DOWN when He asks you to do something else.  He wants us to be willing to instantly OBEY His commands.

When I was in high school, taking a 10-minute timed typing test, the teacher asked me to STOP in the middle of the test and go empty the wastepaper basket.  My fingers were flying over the keys...I was typing over 105 words per minute...I was going to "ace" this test!  WHY was he asking me to do such an unimportant task at that very moment?  I thought he was crazy!  But--I did what he asked me to do.  Years later I ran into my old typing teacher and I asked him WHY.  He said this, "Oh--I knew you could type, but I wanted to see if you could follow instructions and drop what you were doing to do what I asked you to do."

Just the other day, the Lord asked me to STOP what I was doing (writing my daily devotional--this blog)...and "tend to My lambs!"  It was more important for me to babysit two of my grandchildren (while my son started and new job and his wife had to have surgery).  My grandchildren NEEDED me more than my blog readers needed me!

Sometimes we have to "leave the 99" to care for "the 1" or two that need more tending to than our own agendas.  Just remain ready and willing to hear The Shepherd's voice and obey.

[John 21:15-17]

0 comments: