BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What Message Are You Communicating?

I've learned as much about people by listening to their tones, watching their body language, and observing their countenances as I have by listening to their words.  Posture, tone, body language, and facial expressions speak LOUDLY!  For example:

  • My mother could simply raise an eyebrow of disapproval and I knew she was upset.
  • My husband can give a loud sigh, and I know he's frustrated.
  • My son can glare at me and I know he's angry.
  • My other son will just shut down when he's hurt.
  • My mother-in-law would start slamming things.
Haven't we all learned to use all of the above on different occasions?  We all "tell" on ourselves--without having to say a word!

Our hidden thoughts often manifest themselves in our body language, our posture, and our countenances.  Mark Batterson said this:  "Everything we see and hear is priming our minds, emotions, spirit, and hearts in a positive or negative way."

What message are you sending?  How do you look at people; how do they view you?  Remember--

"ACTIONS [can] speak LOUDER than words!"

0 comments: