BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just A Spoon Full...

I loved the movie "Mary Poppin's."  One of the song's in the movie went like this:  "Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down."  Nobody likes to take medicine--but if we can flavor it and make it taste better--no problem!

In like manner--if I have to be corrected, I can handle it just fine IF it's given in love--or in a caring, thoughtful manner.  God corrects those He loves....parents do, too.  I don't consider you a good friend if you don't care enough to alert me when I'm getting too negative, see that I'm headed for danger, or going the wrong way.

When I coached, I used to always correct a player by 1st saying something positive about them before confronting them with what they did wrong or weren't doing.  The positive comment was "the sugar"....the word of correction was "the medicine."  Those that were willing to take-in the word of advice--and apply it--got a lot better!!!

Don't put people DOWN....lift them UP with a kind word, a cheerful smile, and a dose of love.  As it says in  Proverbs 17:22 -

"A cheerful heart does good, like medicine...".




 

 

0 comments: