BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

This Is Your Life!

Remember the old TV show, "This Is Your Life?"  They'd surprise some famous person...bring them on the show....have this big album with pictures from their past--along with lots of guests, friends, former school teachers, etc. to "tell" us more about this person--tell us things we didn't know about them.  Some of what they "said" and "showed" about that person was funny, some was revealing, some was embarrassing.  But mostly the show gave honor and recognition for all that person had contributed to society.

Some day we'll be SURPRISED when we find ourselves standing in front of God--and He will be holding that big Book (hopefully with our name written in it)--and He will say to us, "This was your life!"  His "great cloud of witnesses" will be in the audience...and His big spotLIGHT will be on us!  What will be revealed...what will He say about you?

I believe, when I stand before the Judgment Seat, the Lord's going to ask me this question:  "Ruth, did you do what I asked you to do?"  And, I'm going to have to answer it! 

Often, in the Bible, God's been known to change people's names:  Like Saul who He renamed "Paul" and Simon who He renamed "Peter."  Well, I'm sure He's considering changing my middle name from Margaret to "Yeahbut."  Why?  'Cause so often, when He's asked me to do something, I answer by saying:  "YEAHBUT I'm afraid; YEAHBUT it'll hurt; YEAHBUT they won't understand; YEAHBUT can't somebody else do it?"  So I'm trying to remember that whenever He asks me to do something, to do it! 

I know that someday He's going to ask me: "Ruth, did you do what I asked you to do?"  I keep praying that I'll be able to answer Him, "Yes, Lord... as best as I knew how...I tried!"  And I hope His reply to me will be:  "Well, done, good and faithful servant--you have been faithful over a few things...now you may enter...".  [Paraphrased from Matthew 25:21]

What's He asking you to do?  As the Niki commerial of some years back said:  

                                           "Just Do It!" 



 

0 comments: