BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 9, 2012

UP CLOSE & PERSONAL

There are five types of RELATIONSHIPS:  (1) An ACQUAINTANCE; (2) a CASUAL friend; (3) a CLOSE friend; (4) an INTIMATE friend; and (5) a COVENANT friend.  (I could write a book on all these types of friends...and maybe I should...but for today I'd like to tell you about one person and how our FRIENDSHIP has grown.)

ACQUAINTANCE:  I met this lady on a platform tennis court.  I played with a group of gals on Sunday afternoons--and she happened to be one of the players.  Then--a few years later--when we needed a sub for our Saturday 4-some, she would sometimes fill-in.  (Now comes a time of transition.)

CASUAL:  Maybe a year or two after that, she became a regular on our Thursday night 4-some.  I got to know a little bit more about her through that experience.  But I've come to know her better over this summer since I started writing this blog.  She reads it and--better yet--she dialogues with me about it (from time-to-time).  So, we're becoming "more intimately acquainted" with one another.  [See:  Philippians 3:10 Amp.]

We've dug down past the surface of our relationship and shared some personal stuff with one another.  Therefore, our relationship has hit another level.  And--I believe we're in transition again (at least I hope so).

Oh--we're not in the same social group, nor do we see one another other than on the platform court.  However, we've slowly and steadily been developing a closer friendship.

Finding and forming a FRIENDSHIP isn't easy....it takes time, effort, and trust must be built.  But it's a beautiful thing if you allow God to help you develop it!!!

Remember--"He makes everything beautiful in His time!"  [See:  Ecclesiastes 3:11]

0 comments: