BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 4, 2013

SOMETHING BETTER

My computer crashed last week.  I was without power--unable to send or receive communications.  This sophisticated  system that had served me for so many years had ceased to function.

"To everything there is a season...a time to keep and a time to throw away...a time to work and a time to stop working!"  [Paraphrased from Ecclesiastes Chapter 3]

Was this a SIGN to lay down my blog...was this work finished?  I wasn't sure, so I asked the Lord.

Then I remembered how God had asked Abraham to LAY DOWN his beloved Son and give him back to the Lord.  I also remembered Jesus dying on the cross and saying, "it is FINISHED!"

But I also remembered that God gave Abraham a REPLACEMENT (a ram to sacrifice)--and God RESURRECTED His own beloved Son.

Well, my old computer had DIED and had to be REPLACED....but my blog LIVES ON!

The moral of my story is simply this: 

 Sometimes God just wants to know if we're willing to LET GO of something (or someone) we love dearly.  In so doing, He will either GIVE IT BACK to us in better form...or, something better back!

0 comments: