BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 19, 2011

Following the Leader

[Readings for today:  Luke 9-10]  Today I'd like to center in on two verses -- Luke 9:23-24.

Let's break down the vs. 23:  The first word that stands out to me is ANYONE.  The Lord does not play favorites!  Anyone can follow Him!  Anyone, that is, who has a deep DESIRE to do so.  When I was a kid (and I'm now 70), we used to play a game called "Follow the Leader."  I preferred to be the leader 'cause I could choose which way I wanted to go and what I wanted to do.  But, when I grew up, I realized that in order to be a good leader, I had to 1st learn to be a good follower.

We're to lead others to Christ; we're to set a good example of being a Christian.  So my question is this:  How many people are desiring to follow your lifestyle?  Is there enough evidence to convict you for being a Christian?  Or are you hiding your identity and blending in with the ways of the world?  Are you being "politically correct"...are you "a yes person," a person who can never say "no"...do you suffer from "approval addiction."

Vs. 24 again mentions DESIRES.  We must prioritize our desires.  Seeking after the Lord is, and should remain, our lst priority.  Our desires go on the back burner.  I've learned this--I may have certain selfish desires, but the more closely I follow after Christ, the more my selfish desires diminish and my desires become more-and-more what He desires for me.  When my carnal will lines up with His perfect will, I lose my selfish ambitions and passionately desire to be more like Him.

We're uniquely designed to pick up our own individual cross.  Cross here represents the work He's called us to do, the way He's asked us to go, and the attitude we're to have along the way.

Check your priorities today...allow room for unexpected DIVINE APPOINTMENTS...and enjoy the journey as you walk with Jesus today.

0 comments: